Students wishing to apply for the Alumni Leadership Scholars program must meet the following guidelines:
- Currently accepted High School Senior who will be enrolling on the main campus the following Fall Semester.
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.00 unweighted GPA and ACT composite of 21 (980 SAT), with exceptional leadership skills.
- Along with the scholarship application, students must submit a two page, double-spaced essay on your experience and goals as a leader.
- APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY JANUARY 15th.
- Renewable. Must maintain full-time enrollment and fulfill all requirements listed below. Questions about the Alumni Leadership Scholars program can be directed to Allie Sharp, Coordinator of Student Engagement (email@example.com) or the Office of Scholarships (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To apply for the scholarship please follow the following steps:
- Visit https://wku.academicworks.com to sign-in to TOPDollar.
- Under the “Opportunities” tab, search for “Alumni Leadership Scholarship Fund”.
- Click on the provided “Alumni Leadership Scholarship Fund” link.
- Apply! Make sure to fill out all paperwork and provide your 2-page, double spaced paper on your leadership goals and experiences.
Alumni Leadership Scholars must adhere to the following guidelines regarding exhibited leadership:
- Participate in at least one student organization
- Serve in a leadership role in at least one student or community organization
- Compose a Thank You note to their donor at the beginning of each year
- Complete one of the following options for the semester ALS project:
- Read (1) leadership book provided by advisor and compose a (4) page book report OR presentation.
- Volunteer (15) hours in community and compose a (4) page report OR presentation about experience.
Alumni Leadership Scholars must maintain at least a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (2.7 for SAAA). All grades will be evaluated at the end of the semester. Anyone who does not meet the cumulative GPA standard of 3.0 must enter into a probationary period during which the following steps must be taken for scholarship renewal consideration.
- Submit a written proposal to ALS Advisor explaining plan of action to increase cumulative GPA.
- Enroll in at least one summer/winter term course as an effort to increase cumulative GPA, if applicable.
- Report to ALS Advisor on a monthly basis during the probationary semester for purposes of progress review.
- Engage in weekly tutorial program for class in which a grade of “C” or less was earned.
* Provided all requirements are met at the end of a probationary period of one semester and the result is an increase of GPA to the standard 3.0 cumulative, the recipient will be readmitted into the ALS program. If not, the recipient will no longer receive scholastic funding or leadership training from the ALS program effective immediately at the termination of the probationary period.
Alumni Leadership Scholars must participate in the semester philanthropy project. This includes working the event(s), recruiting students to participate, set-up of event, etc. The project each semester will be determined by the group.